Saturday, August 14, 2010

Go In His Strength

"Cursed is the strong one who depends on mere humans, who thinks he can make it on muscle alone and sets God aside as dead weight. He’s like a tumbleweed on the prairie, out of touch with the good earth. He lives rootless and aimless in a land where nothing grows.”

“But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the woman who sticks with God. They’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers—
Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.” - Jeremiah 17:5-8 (MSG)

There is not much else to say after reading these verses, they are so powerful and so opposite of how this world operates. As I am getting involved and invested in working with Summit Church here in Castle Rock, it is my desire to be completely rooted in the strength of God. He must be my source of strength, joy and peace as I begin in this endeavor. I don’t want to be tossed back and forth like tumbleweed responding in panic with every emergency that may come my way.

Like tumbleweed, those who are not rooted in God will be blown back and forth by their circumstances. This world is full of uncertainties and people and our circumstances will disappoint us time and time again. Therefore, we must be rooted in Christ our strength. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and He will never change. His words will never fail.

Those who stay rooted in Christ will not fail in producing fruit. They will be like Jesus sleeping in the boat through the storms, never worrying about anything but continuously trusting in the strong arm of God.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” - John 15:5 (NIV)

Dear Lord, help me to continually be rooted in your strength. May my roots go deep in you, so that through every circumstance I may be able to please you and produce much fruit as I am here in the new season of life. Thank you so much that I may come boldly before your throne and receive strength from you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment