Friday, September 4, 2009

Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NKJV


When I read this verse, I understand that Christians should be joyful--they should be in touch with God--and they should always be thankful. I have to admit that I am not always like this. Too many times it seems like I am cast down and trying to figure out my own life, and in the midst of everything I forget about God. I forget about rejoicing in the fact that he sent his Son to die for my sins. I forget that God yearns to know me and desires to be in communication with me. I forget to thank Him in every circumstance and remember that every breath I breathe is a miracle from Him.


God wants us to live our lives in that way. He wants us to be joyful, and we have reason to be. He wants us to pray and to talk to Him. He loves it when we do that. He yearns for us to know him. God has given us so much. Whenever you're down, remember what God has done for you. Remember that He has given you life. Do all of these things for the glory of God. When you seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, everything else will be added unto you as well.


Dear God, please help us to always remember You. Help us to be joyful, to always stay connected to You, and to give thanks to You in everything, because that is Your will for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment